Springfield Royal Country Club
|A previous venue for The Thai Open, Springfield is a firm favourite with many local golfing residents, and one which simply has to be played at least once, by every touring golfer.Now 27 holes, the first 18 (A & B) were designed by Jack Nicklaus in typical fashion, with long fairway bunkers and numerous water hazards. There are some very long carries from the back tees providing a real challenge for the ‘brave’, while the average golfer playing off the white tees will experience a serious test of his skills.|
C course, designed by Schmitt Curley was opened in 2005 and although it had initial teething problems through being over played too early, it is now well established and proving to be as challenging as the main A & B course. The whole golf set-up at Springfield is difficult to fault and the courses are always immaculately maintained.
Additionally, the courses are professionally marshaled – a rare occurrence in Thailand .
Luxurious hotel accommodation has recently been added to the golf complex for those wishing to stay and play.
- Designed by: Jack Nicklaus – A & B courses. Schmitt Curley – C course.
- Opened: 1993
- Course: 27 holes. A & B Course – par 72, 7,063 yards. C Course –
- Facilities: Driving range, chipping green, putting green, clubhouse restaurant, pro shop, professional coaching staff
- Green Fee + Caddy: 2,450 Baht
- Driving Distance from Hua Hin: 30 minutes